Castle Art

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Castle Art

Castle Art

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for artists that have worked, are working, or will soon work at the Castle Art Studios. If you are not, you are welcome here, but it won't make any sence to you.

2 posters

Specific events

Mister Sir
    Mister Sir
    Admin

Specific events Empty Specific events

Post  Mister Sir Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Speech!

Well I thought it would be a good idea to have a focal point and welcome everyone to the exhibition.

Events

Timothy's shamanistic trip into the world of the imagination. I can assure you that this will be an experience you will not forget. Get in touch with your imaginative self, and take back a record. It's like an art fairground ride.
    Great for the kids, but even of more use to adults who have left their childhood behind. So, let go of your inhibitions and give it a go.

We are hoping that Timothy will be their himself, but he is an enigmatic and rather shy being. Throughout the evening we hope to see Timothy 'hanging out' and collecting your dreams. Please do not talk to him, as he will not understand your language, and you may frighten him away. However, Timothy would love you to visit his dream house, go inside - it is like going into his head. I won't say any more, as I hope the guru will post here himself.

Buy Art!

Secret Auction

You will see that some pieces of artwork have boxes next to them, with slips of paper and a pencil. If you want the work you can write down the amount you would pay and slip it into the box (it's like voting for art!).

You will win if - your big is bigger than the reserve price, and you have bid higher than all other bids! This is a great way to get cheap art - but don't be too cheap, or you will not win! How much do you think it is worth?

Commissions.

A lot of our students work on a semi-professional basis. Maybe one of the artists catch your eye, you don't want the piece they have produced for the exhibition but you would like a specific commission (this is common). Well, either talk to the artist themselves, or talk to me (I will make myself conspicuous on the night!). Or, you can contact me via email (dunninger@yahoo.co.uk) or drop a note here after the exhibition.
    Also, if you have a business, you will be knocked out by our graphic artists. They truly are the cream - all of them are working designers, but they are all open for commission.

The Exhibition Catalogue.

Will be on sale all evening. The cost is just a little under £18. Why so expensive? Well this is the cost of printing a 120 page full colour A4 book - we are not taking any profit (I must be mad!).
    There are only a few copies being printed for the event - but if we run out you can either buy a printed copy or download a free pdf here:

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/castle-exhibition/7242739

There will be other spontaneous evens - a bit of mathrock for all you rocking mathematicians. Spontaneous book creation and the sound of ukulele's.

It'll be a lot of fun.
    Mister Sir
    Mister Sir
    Admin

Specific events Empty Re: Specific events

Post  Mister Sir Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:00 pm

[img]Specific events Kj[/img]
    Timothy-Hartlet
    Timothy-Hartlet

Specific events Empty Re: Specific events

Post  Timothy-Hartlet Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:38 pm

come and see me