Castle Art

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Castle Art

Castle Art

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Forum is for artists that have worked, are working, or will soon work at the Castle Art Studios. If you are not, you are welcome here, but it won't make any sence to you.

2 posters

Hi from Lydia

Lydia O'H
    Lydia O'H

Hi from Lydia Empty Hi from Lydia

Post  Lydia O'H Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:44 pm

Yeh. I was at Castle last year where I did the best A level art course I think I could have. Just finished foundation in art and design at Cov Uni, and have got on to the BA Fine Art course in Chelsea College of Art and Design in London. All very exciting! Unfortunately I don't currently have any work up on the net as I'm not very savvy when it comes to technology but I did a video for my final piece for the foundation exhibition, although I've come to realise that medium isn't really the most important thing in my work. I rarely stick with the same way of working - for me it's more about the ideas and the best medium for expressing them. Loving the site, think it's a great idea for us creatives to stick together, and is interesting to see peoples' different paths.
    Mister Sir
    Mister Sir
    Admin

Hi from Lydia Empty Re: Hi from Lydia

Post  Mister Sir Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:12 am

Chelsea! that sounds fantastic- bet you are really excited about that.
    Having gone to Loogabaroogah on degree, I can only feel deep jealously.

Send me a few piccies - it would be great to put them up on the site. Also, I would love to get the video up here. pm me Lydia, and I will tell you how.

The big discussion here at Castle is should I go to Cov or Mid Warwicks, or somewhere else? Great if you could give a review of what is was like at Cov. I know that Tom was not over the with the place, but he said that it really suited you...........

On a general note - each 'who am I' thread can act as a sort of personal room here. So it would be great if ex students just popped in now and then to say hello, and talk about what they are up to - maybe post an image or two, or a video etc. I will keep the room tidy - for example getting rid of posts that are not of long term interest (like this one). It'll be cute, like having a permanent presence.
    Lydia O'H
    Lydia O'H

Post  Lydia O'H Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:11 am

Yeh, I'm very excited! Very Happy You'll have to pop down and see the degree show when it's all over Razz. Cov did work really well for me, the main thing was that by the point I started there I had completely grown out of the whole 'college' thing, and the great thing was although it was a further education course it was based in a uni so with all my friends and everyone moving on to uni and away from home, i wasnt completely left out of the loop. You get a lot of freedom which was what I needed, but with tutors on hand to give advice when you went to ask for it. I think the course is best for people who are motivated enough to do things for themselves without needing to be asked, and I suppose if you're going on to do art you really should be like that anyway because in the 'real world' there'l be no one there pushing you and if you don't work you don't get any money to live off. It's also got fantastic facilities with technicions who really know what they're doing, and with it being in the same building as people doing undergrad and postgrad courses, there is some really top notch work going on around the building - very inspiring when you go and look around. Basically, I think it's the best preparation for degree because it gives you the time management skills and an opportunity to work out the best way of working for you so that you can make the most of your BA course and not waste the first year doing what you would do on foundation. Where ever people decide to do foundation, I think it's a really important thing to do (coming from someone who initially didn't see the point in doing so). ...wow that was a bit of an essay! Razz
    Mister Sir
    Mister Sir
    Admin

Post  Mister Sir Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Lydia, that was a fantastic review of Cov - It will be very helpful to students making their mind up as to where to go. Thanks for the good content post!
    cheers
    you will notice that I have put your reputation up!
    (don't know what this means yet - but it will lead to some kind of eternal glory!
    Hey - Lydia, you are the first student with a reputation point! This is one more than me! tongue
    Lydia O'H
    Lydia O'H

Post  Lydia O'H Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Hey just added up my video from Foundation on to the Castle Youtube Account, feel free to view and let me know what you think! Also my photos are now up on lydia.dunninger.co.uk

Cheers!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:29 am